Stagecoach West Scotland is increasing the timetable for popular services in and around Ayrshire, as well as increasing frequency of the Express Service X76 from Kilmarnock to Glasgow. These positive service increases will come into effect from 5 March 2023.
The increased levels of service across Ayrshire, helping connect communities across the region, include:
- Service 2 Ayr – Prestwick – This service will increase to operate every 20 minutes.
- Service 6 Ayr – Marchburn– This service will increase to operate every 20 minutes.
- Service 11 Ardrossan – Saltcoats – Stevenson – Kilwinning – Irvine – Crosshouse – Kilmarnock – This service will increase every 12 minutes Monday – Saturday.
- Service 3 Onthank – Shortlees – This service will increase to operate every 15 minutes.
- Service 22 Castlepark – Perceton – This service will increase to operate every 15 minutes.
- Service 23 Hunters Drive – Broomland – This service will increase to operate every 20 minutes.
- Service 28 Bourtreehill – Tesco – This service will increase to operate every 15 minutes.
Alongside this, the Express Service X76 from Kilmarnock to Glasgow will increase to operate every 20 minutes between 1000hrs – 1500hrs from Kilmarnock Monday to Friday and 1000hrs – 1600hrs from Kilmarnock on a Saturday, with additional peak journeys that will operate mornings and evenings.
Additional morning service from Glasgow – 0650 and additional afternoon services at 1555, 1635 and the 1645 will change to a new time of 1655.
Additional peak morning services from Kilmarnock – 0600, 0715 (X79), 0805 and the 0815 will change to 0825 and the afternoon service at 1600.
This service plays an incredibly important role in connecting Kilmarnock with Scotland’s biggest city during the week and at the weekends and with nearly 45 million trips already being made by under 22s taking advantage of Scotland’s Young Persons’ (Under 22s) Free Bus Travel Scheme, this news offers a welcome boost to Ayrshire’s young adults travelling for work, education and socialising.
Fiona Doherty, Managing Director of Stagecoach West Scotland, said: “We are thrilled to help the people of Ayrshire travel more frequently across a range of destinations across the region and to Glasgow with these increased service changes. At Stagecoach West Scotland, we’re committed to providing high quality, frequent services which connects our passengers to towns and cities across the West. Some of these routes will benefit from our investment in a new greener fleet of vehicles”
To see the full timetable and route please go to: Live Bus Times & Timetables | Stagecoach (stagecoachbus.com)